How to visit the calanques by boat?
The coast is 24km long. It takes many days to walk in all of it.And in the summertime, the visits are restricted because of the risks of fire. Plus, unlike the Frioul, no sea shuttle will take you to the archipelago of Riou, at the heart of the park. Therefore, boating there is often the best solution to have a whole overview of the calanques, especially if you cannot go there more than a day.
« Please note that boat tours of the Calanques National Park are strictly regulated. A limited number of ships are authorized to carry passengers (orange sticker affixed to the ship). (See: List of authorized vessels) »
« Most of the boats companies offer an excursion with a tour guide speech. During summer, the weather is hot and you will just want to wear your bathing suit and dive into the turquoise waters of the most beautiful calanques in Marseille. To do so and discover the most secret calanques, take a look at the private boat excursion, organized by Bleu Evasion. »
Visit of the calanques with swimming, informations and prices
Bleu Evasion : Personalized and swimming excursions leaving from Marseille
- 8-12 passengers speedboats and two catamarans for 24 and 30 passengers
- Dedicated captains to discover the secrets of the calanques
- The tours are more interesting and rich than the ones on « big boats »
- All inclusive: swimming, fins, mask, snorkels, drinks, underwater camera
- Cost: Adult: starting from 59 euros / Children under 4: free / Children under 10: half-price
Hours and places of departure
- Departures from Marseille: Either Vieux port or Port de la Pointe Rouge
- Hours: Day, half-day, sunrise or evening outings at sea
- « Booking is required »