Why should you visit the calanques by boat?
Boating in the calanques is a great way to discover the massif and the islands between Marseille and Cassis.
The coast along the massifs of Martseilleveyre and the Puget is 24km long. It takes many days to walk in all of it. And in the summertime, the visits are restricted because of the risks of fire. Plus, unlike the Frioul, no sea shuttle will take you to the archipelago of Riou, at the heart of the park. Therefore, boating there is often the best solution to have a whole overview of the calanques, especially if you cannot go there more than a day.
Hours and places of departure
- Departures: You can go to calanques from Cassis, Marseille (Vieux-port) and la Ciotat.
For personalized excursion, with swimming and activities: Marseille: either Vieux port or Port de la Pointe Rouge.
- Hours: In the summertime there is no need to book a departure. The boats leave every 30 minutes, from 9:30 am to 12pm, and from 2pm to 6pm, including during weekends and public holidays. (However, booking is necessary for personalized excursions on small boats)
Most of the boats companies offer an excursion with a tour guide speech.
During summer, the weather is hot and you will just want to wear your bathing suit and dive into the turquoise waters. To do so, take a look at the private boat excursion, organized by Bleuevasion.
Bleu Evasion : Personalized and swimming excursions leaving from Marseille
- - 8-10 passengers speedboats and a catamaran
- - Dedicated captains to discover the secrets of the calanques
- - The tours are more interesting and rich than the ones on « big boats »
- - All inclusive: swimming, fins, mask, snorkels, drinks, underwater camera
- - Leaving from Marseille : Vieux Port or la Pointe Rouge
- Cost:Adult: starting from 79 euros / Children under 4: free / Children under 10: half-price
- Visit Bleu Evasion website
Other companies : tours and price for 70-130 passengers shuttles with no stop, no swimming (no booking)
- For the following tours, go to Marseille (Vieux-Port), Cassis, or la Ciotat : from 9:30am to 12pm, and from 2pm to 6pm, no booking
- Cassis (3 calanques - 45 minutes): this small tour allows you to have a quick look at the calanques de Port-miou (reachable by the road from Cassis peninsula), Port-pin and En-vau.
Adult: 16 euros, children between 5 and 13 : 9,50 euros, children under 5: 1€
- Cassis (9 calanques - 1:50h): Discover the calanques de Port-miou to Sormiou.
Adult: 28 euros, Children between 5 and 13: 18 euros, children under 5: 1€
- La Ciotat (to Sormiou - 2:30h): Discover the calanques and the coast from La Ciotat to Cassis.
On the coast between La ciotat to Cassis, you will mainly see the Bec de l'Aigle, the calanque de Figuerolles (very beautiful and easily to get to), and the high cliffs of the Cap Canaille.
Adult: 29 euros, Children between 4 and 12: 24 euros.
- Marseille Vieux-port (to Cassis - 3:15h): To disconer all the calanques, from Marseille to Cassis, through the south coast of Marseille. You will have the opportunity to see: the Château d'If, the passage des Croisettes, and the île Maïre.
Adult: 29 euros, Children 4-12: 22 euros.