To handle the important number of visits, saturated access roads and the fire risk in the forest massifs, there are regulations to get to the calanques de Marseille, Cassis, la Ciotat, and for the Blue Coast. These are the regulated dates and hours, and a list of places from which you can reach the calanques.
Walking to the calanques
Before going, visit the section Fire risk regulations. (During the summer, it is usually allowed to walk to the forest massifs when the wind is low and it’s not too hot). However, if any risk of fire, the entrance is forbidden.
Reservations required for the Calanque de Sugiton
In addition, to limit the significant erosion linked to overcrowding in the calanque de Sugiton and les Pierres tombées,
the National Park limits the number of visitors for the 2023 season on the following dates:
- Weekends of June 17-18 and June 24-25
- Every day from July 1 to September 3
- Weekends of September 9-10 and September 16-17
During these periods, access is only authorized on presentation of the QR code obtained after free reservation.
A person can book up to 8 times in the season and it is possible to book for a group of up to 5 people (children under 3 are not counted).
The reservation gives access to the calanque all day long and can be done online 3 days before (from D-3, 9 a.m. and until D-1, 6 p.m.). To book, go to the dedicated platform from Wednesday June 14 .2023 at 9 am. You will find detailed explanations of this device.
Starting points oh hiking trails and walking time to access the calanques
Driving to the calanques National Park
Opening dates of the roads to reach the calanques
Sormiou, Morgiou and Callelongue
- From 15.04.2023 to 30.04.2023 included: motorized vehicles are forbidden from 7 am to 7 pm every day
- From 01.05.2023 to 31.05.2023: motorized vehicles are forbidden from 7 am to 7 pm on weekends, public holidays, and during the long Ascension weekend (Monday 1st, Monday 8th, Thursday 18th, Friday 19th, and Monday 29th)
- From 01.06.2023 to 01.10.2023 included: motorized vehicles are forbidden from 7 am to 7 pm every day
- The rest of the year: allowed
- Note: The restrictions for Callelongue only apply to the end of the calanque. You can go to Callelongue any time by bus or with your own vehicle. (Be careful, the car parks are quickly saturated on sunny days).
Driving to the Blue Coast
Opening dates of the roads to reach the calanques of the Blue Coast
La Redonne, Méjan
- Regulations applicable from 29.04.2023 to 01.10.2023 included
- Weekends, public holidays and long weekend (Friday 19 May and Monday 14 August): motorized vehicles are forbidden from 10 am to 7:30 pm
- Weekdays from 19.06.2023 to 01.09.2023: motorized vehicles are forbidden on afternoon, from 2 pm to 7:30 pm
- The rest of the year: allowed Except for certain long weekends, peak weekends, and exceptional events.
La Vesse, Niolon
- From 03.06.2023 to 27.08.2023: motorized vehicles are forbidden on weekends
- The rest of the year: allowed
Boating to the calanques
There is no sea shuttle to be dropped off in the calanques or the islands of the national park. (And it is forbidden to land passengers for commercial reasons
However, you can go there on sea, in private boats, in personalized excursions.