Hiking trail between the Baumettes and the calanque de Morgiou
You can go to the calanque de Morgiou easily by following the road from the parking des Baumettes, but it is preferable to park in the small streets and go through the vallon des Escampons. The path going through the vallon des Escampons starts on the left at the last houses, before the pizzeria « Chez Zé » and the road going up to the parking. The path is shady and makes you avoid a part of the road, so the walking duration is a bit shorter
To go to Morgiou, there is also a nicer path from Luminy.
- Distance / Duration: Morgiou 3km (1h)
Plan the same waking duration for the way back.
- Starting point: Les Baumettes
In the summertime the parking is often full, but there are spots in the small streets lower.
- Difficulty level: easy hike because there is no technical difficulty.
Still, the road has an important inclination. Be careful with the cars, they don’t always have a good visibility in the curves.
Route from les Baumettes to Morgiou (via the road)
- Follow the road from the parking des Baumettes.
Route from les Baumettes to Morgiou (via the vallon des Escampons)
- Starting from the Baumettes area, go to the lovely decorated house located just before the road (chemin de Morgiou) starts to go up to the parking. Take the dead end street on the left entering the vallon des Escampons. Go up the vallon to the col, following the red-marked path, then go down on the other side, still following the red path, until the lower road, at about 100m. From there, follow the road to the calanque.