Hiking trail to get to the calanques de Port Pin and En-vau from Port Miou
There is an other path to get to En vau, but longer: En-vau from la Gineste and la Gardiole.
- Distance / Duration: Port pin 2,3km (30min), En vau 3,8km (1h15)
Plan the same walking duration for the way back.
- Starting point: Port miou
- Parking: On Cassis peninsula / Big parking (You have to pay) at the end of Avenue Notre Dame (daily parking price: 8€)
In the summer, there are not enough free parking. So, instead of driving slowly and finaly go back out Cassis, you should directly use the parking des Gorguettes (Near the entrance of Cassis coming from Marseille). Shuttles allow you to get Cassis town center (near the casino) or the peninsula for only 1€60 the round trip.
- Difficulty level: Easy until Port min / Medium for En-vau. The path is very frequented.
You have to be careful with the rocks that are extremely slippery on the part on the sea side in the old GR. In the descent to En-vau valley, don’t hesitate to use your hands.
Route from Cassis peninsula to Port-miou and Port Pin (GR98-51 - Easier itinerary)
- From the Cassis peninsula, take the green dotted path to join Port-miou. Next, follow the large track going along the calanque and the old limestone quarries (GR98-51 tracks, marked in red and white). After about 800 meters the track begins to go up and starts a big curve on the right. The path splits from the track and goes to the left. After 250 meters, the path is reached by the old path of Port Pin then goes down through the rocks and roots to the calanque de Port Pin.
Route from Cassis peninsula to Port miou and Port Pin (Old GR98-51 - Most beautiful itinerary)
- From the Cassis peninsula, take the green dotted path to join Port-miou. Next, follow the large track going along the calanque and the old limestone quarries (GR98-51 tracks, marked in red and white). After about 800 meters, after passing a building on your left and before the track starts to go up, take the old path of Port Pin on the left, marked with a black dotted line, going along the sea. Be careful with the slippery rocks!!! When you overlook Port Pin, turn right to get to the GR and go down to the calanque.
The rest of the route (from Port pin to En-vau)
- From the calanque de Port pin, take the GR98-51 path marked in red and white going up to the valley on the west side of the beach. Follow the path to the junction at the exit of the valley. Keep going straight, the path becomes more difficult with a 100 meter slope to walk down, with fallen rocks. Once you’re at the bottom, take the red path on the left going down to the calanque d’En-vau.
Follow the GR98-51 from Port Pin
Go up the valley
We start to go high
Behind us, the Soubeyranes hills
Cairn near the col
At the col, go straight
Let’s start to go down!
It will be sloping on the way back
Use your hands on some parts
Junction with the path from la Gardiole
The track gets pleasant